Registration 6 June April at Sondela Nature Reserve from 14h00 – 19h00
Start Stage 1 on 7 June at 11h00 at Sondela Nature Reserve
Finish Stage 1 and Start Stage 2 on 8 June at Elements Private Golf Reserve
Finish Stage 2 and Start Stage 3 on 9 June at Elements Private Golf Reserve
Finish Stage 3 on 9 June at Sondela Nature Reserve
2 riders per team
There are two entry options for 2019:
COMPLETE LUXURY TENTED ACCOMODATION PACKAGE
BASIC ENTRY PACKAGE
A unique feature of the Liberty Waterberg Encounter is its 5 star rated Race Villages, which will add a unique upmarket status to this event. These “Villages” not only offer high quality accommodation, but are some of the best and most stylish “Bosveld” venues;
• Appropriate ‘vibey’ music and a large venue where all riders can enjoy their lunches;
• Massage therapists are on hand to massage tired legs;
• Top-quality start/finish shoot;
• Easy access to parking, entertainment and restroom facilities;
• Spectator-friendly area;
• Bike-tech area;
• ‘Upbeat’ entertainment and an MC to keep everyone excited;
• Large dining area with eats and drinks where a big screen projects pictures and footage of the day’s action;
• Photograph area where you can order pictures that were taken along the route.
Riders bikes will be washed after every stage and will be available for collection on the morning before the start of the next day in the secure bike park.
ASG Store Pretoria is travelling with the event and will set up a mobile workshop at every stage finish to assist with mechanical and necessary sales items.
Scouts on mountain bikes will participate with riders in the event and they will have the necessary tools and spares with them to assist riders with breakdowns.
The perfect location
Bela-Bela, and in particular Sondela…
Bela-Bela, and in particular Sondela, is a well suited host city and venue for the event for the following reasons:
• Warm temperatures still characterise the area while the winter chill sets in elsewhere in Gauteng
• Bela-Bela is only a 90km from Pretoria on the N1 North highway, which makes it an easy commute for riders from the biggest MTB catchment area in the country
• Sondela is right next to the freeway and is signed from the off-ramp.
There are no other stage races in the country over this time of the year, making the Waterberg Encounter a valuable “keep fit” option through winter.
The three-day Waterberg Encounter affords passionate moutain bikers an unequalled on- and off-road experience. It is within easy travel distance, along the N1 North highway, from the main metropolitan areas of Gauteng. It’s a MTB Encounter where riders are treated as VIP’s and where they will have access to wonderful hospitality. Spouses will also be able to book all meals with their riding counterparts, which creates a very unique and family orientated environment at meals and presentations.
Two are better than one!
Participate in Teams of Two
All riders enter as a two-rider team. Teams register in one of three different categories that include Men, Ladies and Mixed. The minimum age of participation is 18 on race day. The riders in a team must remain together at all times during the race.
Entries limited to 150 teams.