...one of South Africa’s most popular holiday resorts...
Sondela Nature Reserve in Limpopo is one of South Africa’s most popular holiday resorts. This private game reserve offers a selection of quality holiday accommodation from 4-star self-catering chalets, a caravan park & tent camp, to the up-market butler serviced Country House, graded 5-star by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa.
The perfect location
Bela-Bela, and in particular Sondela...
Bela-Bela, and in particular Sondela, is a well suited host city and venue for the event for the following reasons:
- Warm temperatures still characterise the area while the winter chill sets in elsewhere in Gauteng
- Bela-Bela is only a 90km from Pretoria on the N1 North highway, which makes it an easy commute for riders from the biggest MTB catchment area in the country
- Sondela is right next to the freeway and is signed from the off-ramp.
- There are no other stage races in the country over this time of the year, making the Waterberg Encounter a valuable “keep fit” option through winter.
The Waterberg Encounter affords our passionate partcipants an unequalled on and off road experience. The host city, Bela Bela is within easy travel distance, along the N1 North highway, from the main metropolitan areas of Gauteng. It’s a MTB Encounter where riders are treated as VIP's and where they will have access to wonderful hospitality. Spouses can also book all meals with their riding counterparts, which creates a very unique and family orientated environment at meals and presentations.
Two are better than one!
Participate in Teams of Two
All riders enter as a two-rider team. Teams register in one of three different categories that include Men, Ladies and Mixed. The minimum age of participation is 18 on race day. The riders in a team must remain together at all times during the race.
The entry package per team includes an Ftech branded cycling jersey, event branded jacket and all 5 Star meals, but excludes accommodation. Sufficient accommodation is available at Sondela and Elements.
Riders can book at either Sondela or Elements and a shuttle service will be available between the two venues from the finish of stage 1.
Entries are limited to 150 teams for 2018.
There are two entry options for 2018:
- COMPLETE LUXURY TENTED ACCOMODATION PACKAGE
- BASIC ENTRY PACKAGE
The standard 2018 race pack items consist of a short and long sleeved Ftech cycling jersey along with some High 5 racing aids and other goodies.